Thursday, January 30, 2020

Better to workout more days or less days when bulking?

Hello all, been working out for a couple years and have seen good gains visually and with strength. The biggest thing is the scale, haven’t gained weight in awhile. My strength has plateaued a bit from the high frequency and high volume training. Obviously the answer is eating. I’m not asking that. I’m someone who works out 6 days a week with a very high volume ppl split and really like to exert myself when lifting and has been for a couple years straight. Some of those workouts are up to 2-2.5 hours long with supersets thrown in sometimes. So I can imagine this burns a lot of calories with the cherry on top being I have a small appetite naturally. I find consuming calories hard. I should say that even though I haven’t gained weight in a while, I still made visual muscle gains but it’s time I got my weight up as I want to be stronger and bigger. If I switch to a 3 day split like this and up my calories, would I still see hypertrophy gains because my body is adapted to a high volume PPL split?

  • (Warm up) Face pulls 3 x 15
  • Shoulder press 3 x 6-10
  • (Weighted) Pull ups 4 x 5-10
  • Bench press 4 x 5-10
  • Squats 4 x 6-12
  • DB rows 3 x 8-10
  • (Weighted) Dips 3 x 6-12
  • Leg curls 3 x 10-15
  • Bicep curls SS lateral raise 3 x 12-15
  • Tricep pulldown 3 x 12-15
submitted by /u/ballingarabguap69
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...