Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Flat bench press vs Incline, am I doing it wrong?

I've been working out, for 8,5 years or so, but most of it was home and I first bought a very basic 10kg bar + bench 3 years ago. Been doing incline since, the extra drop between height from flat to incline was scary.

My current lifts are pretty basic because I workout at home with just 2 barbells, a bar and a flat bench. I only have up to 50kg plates so my chest + ohp are 4x12 and 4x8 respectively, at 50kg. I'm aware that chest is supposed to be a lot higher than shoulders.

Usually I don't feel my chest very tired while benching, I feel like I stop a few reps short because, by that time, my shoulders are straight up burning.

I tried to completely lie down on the bench for once, at the end of a set, so I couldn't do more than 8 reps before my shoulders were on fire again, but I felt my chest much more engaged than any previous workout. Should I switch to flat bench? Worth noting that my chest is nothing to write home about, neither are my shoulders, but the latter look a LOT more developed. Also, the base of the bench doesn't incline, it's more like a flat seat + inclined back.

For reference, my workouts are 3x a week. I workout in a small space and don't have more than 50kg to load on a bar.

Goblet squats 4x12 OHP 4x8 Bent over bar rows 4x8 Hammer curls 4x12

Goblet Squats 4x12 Incline bench press 4x12 Deadlift 4x8 Hammer curls 4x12

submitted by /u/Qwark28
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Socialite Larsa Pippen in Two-Piece Workout Gear Says "Xo" - Celebwell

Socialite Larsa Pippen in Two-Piece Workout Gear Says "Xo"    Celebwell * This article was originally published here ...