Thursday, January 2, 2020

Getting more explosive with hamstring/knee flexion and hanging leg raises: can I go really heavy with hamstring curls without a huge risk?

I’d like to develop more “explosiveness” for movements that involve bringing my ankles to my butt and bringing my knees to my chest. The only exercises I know that focus these sorts of muscles are the (1) hamstring curl and (2) hanging leg raise.

My understanding of improving explosiveness is to do high weight/low reps and focus alot on doing the movement with, well, explosiveness. (I’ve heard this is what track athletes do with the squat - they don’t care much about ATG). But are exercises (1) and (2) okay for really heavy weight/2-4 rep range?

I’ve heard that the hamstring curl is a pretty unnatural movement and doing high weight or high reps has a higher risk of injury/wear compared to something like the squat. If that’s true, what else can I do to improve explosiveness?

submitted by /u/pretysmitty
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yasmin Karachiwala, Trainer To Katrina Kaif And Deepika Padukone, Reveals A Quick 5-Minute Full Body Workout - Onlymyhealth

Yasmin Karachiwala, Trainer To Katrina Kaif And Deepika Padukone, Reveals A Quick 5-Minute Full Body Workout    Onlymyhealth * This article...