Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Have This Problem with Weights?

I work out at the same gym franchise every time. However, since I travel, I am often hopping from one location to another. I figured this wouldn't be a problem since 90% of the locations have identical machines, but wow, I am finding that there is a 10 - 15% variance in what I can lift from one location to another, and I don't understand this.

Location A - 180 lbs

Location B - 155 lbs

I even tried going back to location A 3 weeks later when I returned, and sure enough, I could put 180 on there, whereas I was struggling with 155 at location B. Same machine, and same brand even.

Not just machines either, I noticed similar issues with bar and dumbells. Just how much weight variance are we looking at here? I always heard commercial grade equipment was within 2 - 5% of stated weight. But from what I'm seeing there's a much bigger variance, unless I'm missing something.

Noticed this at all 4 locations I've visited so far, and it's wreaking havoc on my workout app - Trying to keep progress straight, but suddenly having your lift drop 25 - 30 lbs for 3 - 4 weeks doesn't make sense. Finally I began tagging which location each lift was performed at so I can have some progression in the charts and make sense of things.

submitted by /u/cuthere100
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Socialite Larsa Pippen in Two-Piece Workout Gear Says "Xo" - Celebwell

Socialite Larsa Pippen in Two-Piece Workout Gear Says "Xo"    Celebwell * This article was originally published here ...