Friday, January 10, 2020

I want to lift the Dinnie Stones. What kind of program should I build?

Context for those who don't know about the Dinnie Stones: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinnie_Stones

From the official website, "You should give at least one month's notice and provide evidence of lifting 300kg or more on any kind of lift"

The good news is that this is a long term goal and I don't really have a timeline that I am glued to.

My stats currently are:

M/31/6'3"/265lb

Best deadlift to date has been 405 x 5, haven't gone for 1RM in years because I have no reason to.

What is the best program to help increase my overall DL numbers? Currently I am doing a dedicated leg day twice per week that includes DL, usually 3 sets at 5 reps (not including warm up). Should I just work on normal form/grip? Sumo tend to aggravate my surgically repaired knee if I do them too often. The stones have these odd rings that you have hold and kind of straddle grip them. Let me know what you all think, and thanks in advance to a great community.

submitted by /u/good_morning_magpie
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

This 30-Minute Walking Workout With Tanner Courtad Is Even Better Than a Final Rose - POPSUGAR

This 30-Minute Walking Workout With Tanner Courtad Is Even Better Than a Final Rose    POPSUGAR * This article was originally published her...