Friday, January 31, 2020

What can I do while doing many reps with light weights?

I don't frequent this sub much, and fitness hasn't been a large focus of mine, but it's been a goal I (very) slowly work towards.

I want to work biceps with the 20lb weights I have but they just aren't enough. I need to do so many reps that I end up getting bored because it doesn't feel like I need to push myself. I need heavier weights, but at the moment I'm incredibly short on money (I'm in school) and there are other things I need to prioritize my spending on.

I think my solution is to distract myself while lifting so I can do it long enough to actually do something. What are some things I can do ?

Something that works for me personally is just focusing on the breath when something gets hard. When I do pushups and I feel like I want to stop, I essentially meditate on the breath while keeping the pushup as my main goal. For some reason this can push me until I can't go anymore, and it's much more effective than "5 more reps" or whatever. But I get bored too easily because the 20lb weights feel like they take too long

submitted by /u/Slingy17
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...