Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Thicker bar vs less thicker bar for deadlifts

Dear fitness community,

Recently I had the opportunity to use my friend's home gym which allows me to deadlift using the safety bars of the squat rack. However, the bar that I'm using is thicker and 20kg than the ones I'm used to at the gym 15kg.

About a month ago, I was able to deadlift 303x6.

Today at my friends home gym, I was only able to deadlift 280x3. I don't think it's my strength that degraded that fast. I've been doing pretty intensive workouts during that 1 month time frame. I think it is due to the bar being thicker than usual. I have relatively small fingers and a small hand so that might affect me more than others.

Therefore, should I continue using the thicker bar? Will that make me stronger in the end since the deadlift is harder? Will more muscles be recruited?

Or since my grip is the limiting factor for such bars, should I use straps and continue from what I was able to deadlift?

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/Montarvo
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Workout Apps for 2024 - Surge Radio

Best Workout Apps for 2024    Surge Radio * This article was originally published here