Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Will my routine get me to were I want to be?

M/18 5’9” SW:230 CW: 175 GW: 148

So, I wanted to ask if the way my program is set will help me achieve my goal of a six pack/ lean physique?

Nutrition:

I eat 1900 calories a day. And I make sure to get .8-1 gram of protein per body weight. I eat relatively clean meals mainly consisting of homemade oat protein pancakes, chicken breast, and fish. I usually get around 143grams of protein each day, and keep my carbs moderate as well as my fats. I don’t eat out, but on the rare occasion I do I always make sure to log it and never overindulge. I do not follow IF because I tend to want to binge my meals if I do not eat breakfast, I have tried it before but it’s not my preferred approach.

Exercise:

I follow a PPL split 7 days a week. I mainly focus on compound movements such as squat, incline bench press, and deadlifts. I have recently increased my cardio and now I do 30 min walks every morning after breakfast. I do not do direct abdominal training as I am at too high of a body fat percentage to see them, so when I get to around 17% I will begin to train them directly.

I did not include the details because then this post would be super long, but that is a general guide to what I do and live my life. Fitness is the only thing in years that I have been dedicated to which is why even though I am not seeing significant results I continue to work hard. I don’t know if my issue is that I need more patience. I realized a month into my weight lifting journey that 95% of the guys you see and hear from in the industry are taking some type of PED. I will eventually be taking some, but not for another three years as I want to optimize my natural potential as much as possible. Also I tend to loose around 1 to 1.5 pounds of body weight a week. Any advice would be appreciated 🍀

submitted by /u/roadtosixpack
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...