Saturday, October 31, 2020

2 Years Progress 193lbs- 170lbs 5'9 25yo

Background

I'll keep this very brief for you beautiful people.

I used to be a calisthenic freak back in my high school days, so I did loads of pull ups and other variations. A lot of dips, push ups, and hundreds of squats a day since it's only body-weight am I right? I got the newb gains, but I was ignorant in the nutrition area, so I didn't really progress much further in size. Fast-forward to now where I have a consistent schedule and more knowledge in overall health and fitness, I reached my goal and then some.

M/23/5'9"(178cm)

SW: 87.5kg/193lb, CW: 77.11kg/170lbs, GW: 160-165lbs but that's for the cut of 2021

Current Physique(2020):

http://imgur.com/a/zmEqCwz

Some Pictures from 2019:

Before and After Pic: https://imgur.com/a/S4D2Egs

Cut/Bulk Pics:https://imgur.com/a/Pdfs00Y

Current Calorie Maintenance: 2700-3000

Macros: 30P/20F/50C

Diet:

Nothing out of the ordinary, I eat pretty much every protein source that are on the leaner side just to hit my macros. Lots fruits every meal. White rice for carbs, whole wheat tortillas, pita bread, and oatmeal. I used to follow intermittent-fasting, but ever since I've been working from home, I have more time to prepare my meals so now I have about 4 meals a day.

Sauces I cook with: Rice vinegar, low-sodium soy sauce, low-calories marinara sauce

Sauces I use with these meals: Sugar free Ketchup, Sugar Free BBQ, low fat mayonnaise, mustard, hot siracha

Ever since I've hit my desired weight I've been more laxed with my diet having cheat meals here and there with no care regards to macros hehe.

Oh, and Splenda with everything.

Workout Program:

I've been following the Reddit PPL beginner program with a few changes for about 2 years and I don't plan on switching programs yet. I decreased the amount of sets on the main lifts because my body wasn't recovering fast enough as I added more weights to the bar. Other than that, I pretty much know how my body will respond depending on how hard I train during any particular day. If I train balls to the walls, I end up being sore for the next 5 days and it definitely affects my performance throughout the week and my hunger levels skyrockets(not good for staying lean). I found that if I put just enough stimulations to muscles, I could still get them gains without going nuts every training session.

The over-all goal is to never bulk up again and stay lean year round.

2019 Lifts:

Deadlift: 120.2kg/265lb (3x5)

Bench: 88.4kg/195lb, (4x5, 1x5+)

Squat: 108.9kg/240lb (4x5, 1x5+)

OHP: 54.4kg/120lb (4x5, 1x5+)

Current lifts:

Deadlift: 174.6kg/385lb (1x7 w/ 3x5 of warm up sets)

Bench: 97.5kg/215lb, (3x5, still got a long way to go before I hit 2 plates)

Squat: 104.3kg/230lb (3x5, Squats are much harder at a lighter bw)

OHP: 54.4kg/120lb (3x5, Also much harder at a light weight )

Cardio: I would love to do some cardio but I don't have time.

Stretch: I don't have time anymore to stretch before and after like I used to.

Sleep: 7-8 hours. I'm very strict on my sleeping schedule, so I make sure to sleep at the same time every night!

Lifestyle: 8 hours of desk job, so I try to move as much as possible. I also don't drink alcohol or smoke.

Supplements(Changed from last years stack):

  • Fish-Oil
  • Whey Protein
  • Vitamin D
  • Beta-Alanine
submitted by /u/InLoveWithCheesecake
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...