Thursday, November 26, 2020

My 2 Year Progress; M/23/5'9 (175 cm)/143 lbs - - > 170 lbs

Hello fellow Fitness Enthusiasts.

Since I started Lifting/Fitness I always wanted to come to a point where I felt comfortable with sharing a progress Pic. Not only because I was inspired by one of them on here but also as a statement to my self by being proud of what I achieved.

Progress Pics: (unfortunately only 1 before Pic with no legs sorry) http://imgur.com/a/b1uRH5U

When I first started lifting I was an insecure, depressed and lazy stoner. I needed a change in my life and found this subreddit back when I had office free time in a job I hated.

Not only did it inspire me but it was also an unbelievable useful resource for general information about training and nutrition. Big shoutout to the Simple Questions Thread everyday and all the amazing people that answered my silly questions on there back then.

I started by buying a Squat Rack, a Bench, Barbell, 2 Dumbells and some weights.

My starting lifts 1 RM:

  • Bench - 30 kg

  • DL - 50 kg

  • Squat - 40 kg

  • OHP - 20 kg

My Lifts now:

  • Bench - 100 kg

  • DL - 160 kg

  • Squat - 110 kg

  • OHP - 67,5 kg

My Workout Program time line:

  • Stronglifts 5x5 ~ 3 Months
  • Ivysaurs 4-4-8 ~ 3 Months
  • Reddit PPL 6 Days a Week ~ 12 Months
  • NSuns 4 Day Variant ~ 6 Months and still going

Obviously the noob gains were strong, I made good progress on SL and Ivysaurs but I really started to enjoy working out so I upped my Frequency to 6 Days a week and possibly made the most asthetic progress on the PPL.

After that I wanted to change thing up a little bit and switched to NSuns 4 Days and still really enjoy it.

After 1 year of Training I moved to a bigger city were finally a gym was available and affordable.

I left my Home Gym equipment in my Hometown and everytime I visited my parents I had the availability to train.

I can say that buying this equipment was the best investment I ever made.

My weight fluctuated a lot in these 2 years.

I went from 65 kg to 85 kg in my first year. As you can already guess most of it was fat and it was the typical "Dirty Bulk" diet.

Tried to keep my protein intake about ~ 150 g a day. But was in a way too big surplus (about 1000 Kcal a day). My Tdee back then was about 2300 Kcals.

Most of diet consisted of high fat and way too many carbs.

After realizing I was way too fat and started to feel uncomfortable in my skin I knew I had to cut.

Kept my protein intake about the same but lowered my calories to about 1800 kcals.

This is also when I switched to PPL.

After a long hard cut I was back at about 71 kg BW but lost a lot of strength.

After finally figuring out my diet - that means eating a smaller surplus ~ 300 kcals, upping my Protein Intake to about 170 g per day and cutting back the high fat and carb meals I started to gain strength and build muscle again.

This is the way I'm handling my diet till today and hopefully I will keep making some gains.

Thank you for reading this post and enjoy your day. Hopefully the whole Covid thing will be over soon and all of us can get back in the gym asap.

Best regards

submitted by /u/McKanisterkopf
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...