Saturday, December 12, 2020

Standard vs Suicide Grip: How to Grip Safely on the Overhead Press?

A couple sources I've seen have recommended a suicide grip for the overhead press because it reduces stress on the wrists, but I am terrified that 100+ lbs is going to slip out of my hand and land directly on my head or worst, hit someone else.

Is there any way I can grip the bar safely while also relieving stress from the wrists caused by a standard grip on The Press™?

Edit: I'm not sure why this has been downvoted so much. I guess you guys are fans of the thumbless grip.

Edit 2: thanks for all the helpful comments.

submitted by /u/DiscreteNotDiscreet
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Influencer Cassey Ho in Two-Piece Workout Gear Shares "Run Ruffle Tights" - Celebwell

Fitness Influencer Cassey Ho in Two-Piece Workout Gear Shares "Run Ruffle Tights"    Celebwell * This article was originally publ...