Sunday, February 28, 2021

Could someone explain me grease the groove a bit more and tell me if I understood it right?

I'm 19, 173cm (5'6') and i believe around 60 - 65kg (132 lbs-143 lbs) . I am planning to join millitary in April-May hopefully and I need to get my body in check.

My current workout program consists of:

2km (1.24 miles) run,

15-20 minute rest,

get down and do pushups until I can't,

rest 10 minutes,

Bicep curls with 20kg plate, until I hate plateu of 4 reps per set and I get bored.

Next week I'll start doing negative pullups since I need 5 to get in and I can't do a single one, yet.

I do these exercises 3 days on, one day off and have been taking that pace for the last 5-6 weeks.

Basically, going back 5 weeks I couldn't do a single pushup and now today I can pump out 10 pushups, rest 3 minutes then pump out 9, and then i hit a plateu after my 6th set of around 4 pushups.

Usually after my 6th set of pushups I am just able to do 4 pushups then I rest 3 minutes, do 4 pushups and not a single more, rest 3 minutes, do 4 pushups again and I can do that for about 10 or so sets with just 4 pushups.

My goals are 70 pushups

15 pullups

2,4km (1.50 mile) run in 9 minutes.

I recently found out about this subreddit and the FAQ suggested 'grease the groove' to increasing the amount of repetitions one can do in a row.

Please tell me if I understood correctly, basically if i'm working from home, every hour i should get up, go down and, if my max reps are 15 pushups, i should get down, do 8 pushups, get back to work, wait an hour or two, get down again, do 8 pushups, get back to work and so on AND i should be doing that basically every day?

And this should work with any exercise, ie, pullups, sit ups? Pardon my English, I'm european. Thank you.

submitted by /u/Aileak
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...