Friday, January 10, 2020

Advice on Cutting

Historically, I’ve been very bad at cutting. I’m currently sitting at 5’10”, 210lbs, and 17% BF. I want to drop 20lbs and lean out BUT, in the past, every time I’ve attempted a cut I’ve either fallen short of my goals or made no progress at all. Just as a heads up, I am not trying to prepare for a competition and have no plans on competing anytime soon. My weight loss goals are mainly for personal reasons.

My plan is to continue lifting 6 days a week with 30 minutes of cardio 4 days a week. I do two leg days a week and deadlifts on back day, so I skip cardio on those days for heavier lifts. Admittedly, I’ve not been as consistent with my cardio as I have with my lifts, but I have gotten better about that recently.

My TDEE is approximately 3500 calories, meaning that an intake of 2500 should theoretically allow me to lose weight at a rate of 2lbs/wk adjusting for changes in TDEE as I lose weight. I know to keep my protein high, carbs low, and healthy fats on the moderate side. But I’m not a good cook and I get very tired of meal prep very quickly. I’ve found that I eat a fair amount less than my leaner friends, yet still hang onto a few extra pounds.

What advice can I get from someone who has had more success than I at cutting from upwards of 15% BF? It’s frustrating having tried so many times and failed so many different ways, but I really want to make it work this time.

submitted by /u/csoreilly37
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Trainer Melissa Kendter in Two-Piece Workout Gear Shares "Legs + Glutes Workout" - Celebwell

Fitness Trainer Melissa Kendter in Two-Piece Workout Gear Shares "Legs + Glutes Workout"    Celebwell * This article was original...