Friday, January 31, 2020

Am I fully recovered when hitting the gym? Should I be?

Recently, I hadn't gone to the gym for a few weeks. When I did pull-ups, I managed to do 16 consecutive ones in my first set.

Ever since then, I've been hitting the gym 3 times a week. I'm doing a full body workout each time.

However, each time I only manage about 12 or 13 pull-ups in my first set.

The conclusion I draw from this is that apparently my muscles aren't fully recovered from the previous workout if there is only 48 hours in between the workouts.

Regardless of the reason for this, I imagine this isn't ideal for muscle growth. I am pushing it to the max each time without giving it the chance to fully recover.

I thought of the following situation: when you have an open wound, it will take a while before the healing crust to grow on top of it. If I scratch it open before the healing process is completed, I am sabotaging the process, and basically going back go square 1.

What are the arguments to still work out despite not being fully recovered? If I simply listen to my body, I should allow more time in between my gym sessions.

What are your opinions on this?

submitted by /u/Eelluminati
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...