Thursday, January 9, 2020

Exercises while shoulders sore?

Hi All,

Quick bit of background for context: I used to be quite the frequent gym goer, really focusing on more strength training and was hitting the gym 5days a week.

Over Nov/Dec last year, work got hectic and I ended up taking 2months off. I rejoined a week or so ago and stupidly went back to the same programme I was running before, thinking I’d of kept my same strength levels.

Through excitement of getting that motivation back for the gym, I went 4 days in a row. 4th day, I set up for warming up on bench (empty bar, then slowly add weight up til I hit my working sets).

Un-Racked for the first working set and when the bar was at the top of the motion, ready to bring it down for the first rep, I felt something in my left shoulder, kinda like a tightness, again stupidly I continued with the workout (even while the left shoulder was tight).

At the end of the workout, it felt worse and still feels tight/sore (not in a DOMS way) today (2days on).

I imagine it’s some inflammation or stress of the rotator cuff so need to rest and lay-off any pushing movements right? Is there anything I can do chest/delt/tricep wise in the meantime or is it a case of full rest and lesson learnt (leave ego at the door and work my way back up)?

Thanks for any input

*Edit: chest is fine, When I raise my arm in lateral raise or front/rear delt raise motion, the shoulder feels fine. When I push something (a door/myself away from my desk, that’s when I feel the soreness). Also if I sit at a table/desk with say my elbow on the surface and hand holding my phone, I feel a little soreness in the delt)

submitted by /u/Username-Taken-123
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Influencer Meggan Grubb in Two-Piece Workout Gear is "Ready to Build' - Celebwell

Fitness Influencer Meggan Grubb in Two-Piece Workout Gear is "Ready to Build'    Celebwell * This article was originally published...