Friday, January 31, 2020

Feeling ill day after a hard training session

I like to consider myself a pretty active person, however due to a break in my arm and wrist, I haven’t been able to run or lift since the beginning of December. My injuries have finally healed enough that I can run again. So yesterday in 30 degree heat (celcius) I did my regular routine of walking my dog a few km, and then going for an ocean swim, I then completed an hour long interval workout, and went for another quick dip afterwards to cool down.

After I got back from my second swim, I began to feel extremely cold and feverish even though it was very hot and humid outside. I couldn’t warm up for about two hours, and felt absolutely awful, with a severe headache, chills and nausea. I’ve never experienced this after a run before but I think it had something to do with my core being hot, but my skin being cold from the cool water, confusing my bodies thermoregulators.

Today I have a shocking headache, am really sore, dizzy and have no energy.

As someone who is very active this is quite concerning. Could it be a loss of electrolytes/dehydration due to sweating a lot?

Has anyone else experienced this before? I’m going to go to the doctor in a few hours if this doesn’t go away, but anyone’s advice or experiences would be much appreciated!

TLDR: after a nearly 2 month break from working out I went for a long run followed by a swim, got extremely feverish and had a bad headache. These symptoms started again today and I’m a little worried.

submitted by /u/Grapeypenguin
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...