Wednesday, January 15, 2020

From advice - How hard should one retract scapula during bench press?

After a recent shoulder issue (tendon strain), I'm reassessing my pressing form and trying to make sure I retract my shoulders enough. I've always made sure to retract my scapula while benching, but maybe not tucked my shoulders down enough (activating my lats). I'm now packing my shoulders back and down way harder than I used to, to the point where I feel a lot of strain in my upper back and lats while pressing and I'm wondering exactly how hard should one be retracting the scapula? Should you be really actively squeezing through your upper back and lats to the point where it's quite challenging to keep everything tight, or am I overdoing it?

submitted by /u/Martyc1992
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

This 30-Minute Walking Workout With Tanner Courtad Is Even Better Than a Final Rose - POPSUGAR

This 30-Minute Walking Workout With Tanner Courtad Is Even Better Than a Final Rose    POPSUGAR * This article was originally published her...