Friday, January 31, 2020

Is your FFMI at a higher bodyfat % a good indicator of how big you'll be after a weight cut?

Or is it reasonable to expect a significant loss of muscle along with a fat loss?

I've always just focused on strength training, never worried much about what I ate but I'm at the point now where my bodyweight is starting to feel cumbersome and I want to get some mobility back, however if it's a trade off between being strong or being lean then for my current goals I think I'd rather stay fat for the time being lol.

I have some time off work for the next month so I'm planning to really go hard at the gym while I have the luxury to do so. I've never tried to cut a significant amount of weight before so I'm wondering, if I use this time to cut can I expect to see a significant decrease in my strength I.e tens of lbs off of my squat and deadlift or can I expect strength loss to be minimal provided I keep training hard?

How about FFMI? I'm currently 225lb at 5'9" 20-25% bf FFMI of 24.5-26 Can I expect to have the same ffmi as my bf% decreases or is it reasonable to assume a drop of a point or too when getting lean?

submitted by /u/Wolves_at_war
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...