17F and ideal weight. I have been house bound due to depression and anxiety since September, only leaving once every 2 weeks to go out for maybe an hour to a cafe. I am very weak and stiff. I have recently started a running programme (Couch to 5K) to improve my mental health and right now I can run for 8 minutes.
One of my fitness goals is to tone my body and I know you have to do weight training. I want to go to the gym (never been before) and start lifting weights, but the other day I did 15 squats and 15 lunges and it was enough to tire me out and be it for the day (pathetic I know, I’m so weak from not going out) so I’m worried if I go to the gym I’ll have to quit and go home quickly and will be disappointed in myself.
Just going 15 squats really made my legs ache, so should I wait until I get better at running before I go to the gym?? Or would it help me get stronger without me hurting myself?
(Also if anyone could recommend any vitamins/supplements for someone who hasn’t left the house or seen the sun (been legitimately nocturnal for months) for ages that would be appreciated)
[link] [comments]
* This article was originally published here
No comments:
Post a Comment