Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Why do you Lift? What are your reasons for lifting?

While I was drinking my morning coffee and grinding through some spreadsheets this morning at work, I was looking forward to my lifting session at 5 PM after work. I realized at around 3 PM I get excited not just to leave this boring ass office but to also blast some music, pump some iron and chat with some of the regulars. I think the reason any of us lift is a mixture of reasons and in order of importance, here are the reasons I lift:

  1. Gainz. This goes without saying but I like looking good. I like improving my body as a long term project. Another big point to this is seeing how muscle gains, fat losses, posture improvements, etc. effects my style. I love trying on new, well fitted clothes, it improves my self esteem and I like putting my best self out there for my friends, coworkers and strangers to see

  2. General health/mobility/endurance. I made it a goal this year to do cardio atleast 3 times per week (mostly HIIT cardio) after my lifting sessions because having a healthy heart and lungs is really important to me for my longevity.

  3. Socializing. Maybe I am not the norm but I love chatting with the other gym regulars. Between perching myself on my desk, making dinner in my bachelor apartment, and other solo endeavors, I find gym time is a good time for me to get my social fix in. As long as the gym is not too packed, its nice having other people around at the gym.

So r/fitness, come blow off work with me and tell me the reasons you lift as well? Looking forward to hearing the mixture of responses!

submitted by /u/qwertymachine
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...