Friday, April 17, 2020

Between GtG and weightlifting. I'm wondering if it's a good idea and how the results will be.

Alright. So I'm very familiar with Greasing the Groove, or at least the idea behind it. I used to do it on my deployments because of my PT test. I'm pretty convinced that really the only way to he able to do more pushups is to do more pushups. I found myself starting with 15 every hour on the hour, and adding 5 every week until I pretty much plateaued at 55 every hour. Some times I wouldn't add 5 from the week before. I was really paying attention to my body, and when I finally took my test months after I started, I was able to bang out 80 easily. My strength increased no problem.

Now with everything going on, I'm stuck at home, which is a bummer because I was really getting into a good powerlifting routine. I'm wanting to keep some semblance of that routine, essentially doing the big 3 + shoulder presses and assistance work, but with the limited resources I have.

I've started a modified routine that incorporates lifting and greasing the groove. I don't have any weights at home, but I do have packages of vinyl floor planks that are about 20 pounds each. Essentially my routine looks somewhat like this:

Grease the Groove. I do one set every hour on the hour for about 8 hours. Each set is 15 reps.

Monday: Pushups. Will most likely do 15 until I'm comfortable doing more, and stop at 35. There's a technique I learned in the military where you do 7 sets of 5 different pushup forms that's supposed to really build your arms and chest. I wanna get there. Debating adding in bench presses with my vinyl planks

Tuesday: Squats with 2 packs of planks (40 pounds)

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: Shoulder Press with 1 pack of planks (20lbs) + Curls with 1 pack of planks

Friday: Deadlifts with 2 packs of planks + Bent over Rows with 2 packs of planks.

I'm having no problems doing this routine. No pain, some soreness to be expected. I'm debating doing my last sets of the day to failure to really push it home. What does everybody think? Any recommendations?

submitted by /u/jarekrictus
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crunch Fitness Member Talked About Why She Was Somebody Yelled And Treated Her Badly At A Location. – ‘If you’re seeing this sir, I hope you have a horrible day.’ - Twisted Sifter

Crunch Fitness Member Talked About Why She Was Somebody Yelled And Treated Her Badly At A Location. – ‘If you’re seeing this sir, I hope you...