Wednesday, April 22, 2020

How important are good socks when running?

In the past I always ran with normal every-day socks, but a lot of the times I'd end up with blisters on the inner part of my feet. Because of that I always had to recover from them before I could go running again. A couple months ago I decided to invest in better running shoes (I used gym shoes before that) and with that I also got a free pair of special running socks.

After that, I almost never got blisters anymore except after really long runs. I thought at first that it was because of the better shoes. A couple of days ago though, it was hotter than usual, and I decided to put on short normal white socks instead of the longer running socks. After 50% of the run I was already feeling pain from starting blisters on the same spot I always got them before and by the end of the run I almost couldn't walk on them anymore.

Now I am wondering if it is really that important to wear special socks for running or if it was maybe because of the heat on that day. Now that I am stuck again waiting for my blisters to go away, I wanted to know what I could do to prevent it from happening in the future.

submitted by /u/bremkew
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

‘Weekend Warrior’ Exercise Can Lower the Risk of Over 200 Diseases - Everyday Health

‘Weekend Warrior’ Exercise Can Lower the Risk of Over 200 Diseases    Everyday Health * This article was originally published here ...