Thursday, April 30, 2020

How often can/should I run while doing a 6 day PPL?

A little background.

36/m/6'0 (currently 181 lbs). My lifting experience is about 2 years and I have been cutting down from about 212 lbs since the end of December of last year. In 2015 I stoped running after doing the Chicago marathon because I had tweaked my knee pretty bad and it was often painful to run more than a mile or so.

This is the first cut where I have attempted to get down very lean (10% or so body fat) and am currently around 13-15%. This cut started in a simple nutrition change of putting my self in a caloric deficit (while doing the 4-day PHUL program that I was doing pre-cut); then later evolved into a caloric deficit + doing two 2 mile walks with the dogs a day. My current routine is a 6 day PPL - two 2 mile walks - I've been running about between 2-4 miles usually 2 times a week - and a daily calorie intake of between 2000-2200 Calories.

Recently two things have occurred.

1: I've started to enjoy running again at this new lower weight.

2: I've hit a bit of a weight loss plateau.

So I'm trying to leverage my rekindling of enjoying running to break this plateau - and make running a staple of my programs from here on out.

My question is what is too much? I'd like to incorporate running on a daily basis at a little bit further distance, but I am a little afraid of putting too much strain on my body and risking injury or burn out.

Any thoughts/feedback is appreciated.

submitted by /u/camelCasedRedditName
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...