Thursday, April 30, 2020

I bought a Rowing Machine. Dam I’m unfit

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help with a bit of advice, I’ve googled all sorts and gained snippets of information but the question I have about my results seem unclear.

Little about me, 31 years old. 5ft 8in and I weigh 65kg. I don’t exercise anymore. And I drink everyday, so I thought I need to turn stuff around, anyway.

I bought a rowing machine, magnetic as it’s quiet for our neighbours. I started exercising on Tuesday 28th.

Day 1: I did 4 minutes row with a resistance of 2, 10 sits-ups, 10-press ups, 10 lunges, 10 squats, 10 bench presses, and a light jog. Nearly killed me.

(I thought I’d change my workout for Day 2)

Day 2: I managed to do 10 minutes of rowing. Didn’t time. And rested.

Day 3 (today): 500m, Resistance 4, I did it in 12:57, 421 strokes, according to the rowing machine.

Everywhere I google it says i should have done 500m row in 2 minutes. Also it’s equivalent of a sprint. But I had a resistance of 4 on the rowing machine so surly that would be different from a sprint.

Any help or guidance in my result for Day 3 would be very kind and possibly some future advice with a schedule for my fitness level. Not sure weather just to do 500m everyday until I get it to 2 minutes.

Thank you

submitted by /u/The_Fat_Houege
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...