Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Time to start a maintenance phase after 12 week deficit?

I've been working on my fitness and healthy eating since January 27, so essentially a full 12 weeks.

I started at around 163 - 165ish lbs. At first, I was only focusing on diet, and was eating around 1200 calories a day. But as I increased my physical activity, I started to consume more calories because I was just getting voraciously hungry and this was leading to binges, bad sleeping, and weak workouts. I'm currently eating around 1700 cal a day and weigh about 150 lbs (- 15lbs). I've also definitely seen gains in muscle mass and losses in body fat, but I'm still not at the body fat percentage I'd like to be and I feel like I am stalling because I've been sitting here for a few weeks now. Also, despite increasing my calories, I'm still feeling hungry ALL THE TIME. Workouts involve a mix of cardio and dumbbell/bodyweight strength training. Right now, TDEE calculators put me anywhere between 1900 - 2200 calories a day. So, I'm still eating at a deficit, but I'm stalling regarding weight loss and so, so, so hungry all of the time. I eat relatively clean - almost no processed/snack food, lower carb but high in protein and healthy fats (fish, etc.)

I've read through the wiki for this sub and some other resources, and I'm wondering if I should start a maintenance phase where I up my calories to maybe about 2100. I'm really worried I'm going to gain weight (even though its maintenance). I'm also not sure if I should modify my workouts - less cardio, more strength? more strength, less cardio? My ultimate goal is body re-composition, I don't care as much about the weight, but I do care about my body fat percentage. Any resources or advice would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/jfireshot6
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Fitness Gear of 2024: From Smartwatches to Home Workout Equipment at Amazon Great Indian Festival - Outlook India

Best Fitness Gear of 2024: From Smartwatches to Home Workout Equipment at Amazon Great Indian Festival    Outlook India * This article was ...