Sunday, July 26, 2020

Are pilates considered strength training?

I know you should do cardio AND strength training, so I have been doing 30-45 minutes of cardio workout videos (ontop of extra walking) and then 30-40 minutes of pilates (I am gradually increasing the time I do both) 7 days a week for the most part (on off days that I feel like crap I usually will force myself to do at least 1 or the other, I have done that twice in the last month since I started)

I thought pilates would be considered strength because I feel like I am building muscle and TBH they kick my ass each and every time I do them (and my muscles burn/hurt after) but I was recently reading that they might not be enough and weren't really considered "strength training".

I was looking at hand weights and resistance bands or something similar to add to what I am already doing, but I am not sure if that would be enough or if they are truly needed.

Any advice for adding to at home workouts?

As of Friday I had lost 21 lbs since June 24th.

TIA

submitted by /u/toostupidtonotice
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...