Thursday, November 26, 2020

8 month progress - M/25/5'11 - 108KG -> 82.6KG (238lbs -> 182lbs)

I wanted to post this in the hope that my progress inspires others, as fitness has become a huge part of of my life, it's helped greatly with mental health issues (both anxiety and depression, which I have suffered at quite severe levels), physical issues (joint pain, lower back issues) and general wellbeing.

I have 4kg to go before I enter a surplus and start bulking which I cannot wait for, unfortunately the gyms here don't open for another few weeks still (they have just shut again).

https://imgur.com/a/WMzP7np

I have included the progress pics in the link above along with my 3 day split I have been following.

When the gyms are closed I have been doing the following workouts:

Day 1:

  • Pressups 4x10-12 1
  • 1 arm shoulder press with band 4x12 each side
  • Bent over row with band 4x12
  • Band pull aparts 4x15
  • Squats with band 4x15 T
  • ricep extension with band 4x15

Day 2:

  • 1 arm floor press with dumbell 4x12
  • Shoulder press with band 4x15
  • Seated row with band 4x15
  • Rear delt flyes dumbell plates 4x12
  • Split squats with band 4x10
  • Plank 4x30 secs - 60secs

Day 3:

  • Chest press with band 4x20
  • kneeling shoulder press with band 4x20 each side
  • 1 arm row with dumbell 4x15 each side
  • Shoulder W's 4x12 dumbell plates
  • Deadlifts with band 4x15
  • Bicep curl with dumbell 4x15

In terms of diet I started really low at 1500 calories, but increased this to 1800 after a few months. I aim for at least 150g protein but usually hit about 180g now, I don't track any other macros.

When bulking i'm gonna increase to around 2300 then increase from there.

Cheers all - Sam

submitted by /u/somoakie
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...