Friday, December 4, 2020

How can I get into Olympic lifts as a teen?

I’m 15 years old and I’ve been lifting for about a year now. I lift for strength and I do a good amount of auxiliary work but I focus on the big lifts.

I’ve always loved watching Olympic weightlifting and I really really want to learn how to clean and jerk and snatch. I don’t want to compete but I want to do these lifts. I know they are probably not very beneficial for me but I still want to learn and train them.

I’ve never had coaching but I’ve had no problems teaching myself proper form for deadlifts and squats with the Internet and self recording but I know Olympic lifts are a thousand times more technical. I want to know if it’s possible to learn Olympic lifts that way. There’s no way I can get coaching I work out at a home gym and my parents already spend a lot of money on me because of other things I’m involved in.

Is it stupid to want to learn them? And if it’s possible what’s the best way to go about it?

submitted by /u/KnightofFruit
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Socialite Larsa Pippen in Two-Piece Workout Gear Says "Xo" - Celebwell

Socialite Larsa Pippen in Two-Piece Workout Gear Says "Xo"    Celebwell * This article was originally published here ...