Monday, December 6, 2021

How effective is walking?

I have never seen anybody except for obese people talk about walking as exercise on Reddit. I am curious for myself because I am obese (6'2 and 256) and I'm trying to walk an awful lot because I love it, but I don't do much else exercise.

I'm sure other forms of exercise are better for you (running would benefit you in cardio better, and lifting would benefit you in muscle tone better). But surely walking is much better than sitting on the couch.

What physical benefits does walking give you, and what distances are required to achieve any noticeable benefits?

And what are the differences, in terms of physical benefits, between different kinds of walking (pavement vs. rough, flat terrain vs. hiking up a mountain)?

submitted by /u/Nevarges
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...