Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Is there any reason to NOT go to failure on the final set?

Hi All,

So, I've recently learned the advantages of 'leaving one in the tank' and seen how it can positively impact my overall performance.

Particularly, I recently realised I haven't been applying this to my pullups.

I've been pushing for max on all of my 4 sets. So for example, a typical day looks like:

8 Reps, 7 Reps, 6 Reps, 5 Reps

But, I recently read some advice which recommends leaving myself with some energy. So for example, next week I will start by trying to hit a consistent 6x4. Then maybe aim for 7, 7, 6, 6 etc and work my way up like so.

However, my question is: Is there any reason to hold myself back on the final set? If I don't intend to do any more back exercises that day, why wouldn't I try and squeeze out as much as possible at the end of the workout?

submitted by /u/Stale_Buns
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Socialite Larsa Pippen in Two-Piece Workout Gear Says "Xo" - Celebwell

Socialite Larsa Pippen in Two-Piece Workout Gear Says "Xo"    Celebwell * This article was originally published here ...