Friday, January 31, 2020

Overhead Press Grip - Why am I stronger with a false/suicide grip?

I've been experimenting with my OHP press and tried using overhand grip (thumbs wrapped over the bar) as suggested by Alan Thrall, a YouTuber with a powerlifting focused channel.

I usually use a suicide grip - when I tried the overhang grip I was getting 2-3 less reps at 70% of my training max.

I didn't think a simple grip variation would make a significant difference? Does anyone have an explanation as to why, and is there a reason to use either grip or is it just up to personal preference?

submitted by /u/shoomyroomy
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life - Irish Independent

No time to workout? These six health hacks show how to incorporate exercise into daily life    Irish Independent * This article was origina...