Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Quality Weight Stand vs Lower Quality Power Rack

Hey guys, I was wondering if I should go with a rogue SML-2c or REP PR-1100 or Titan X2 series power rack. Perhaps there is even something better you guys could recommend. I am trying to build a home gym for $800 I already have a barbell and some weights. I just need to add a set of 45lb bumpers for deadlifts. Possibly a specialty bar. I definitely want to be able to do banded lifts.

The pro with the rogue is that it is quality with westside holes. However, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do banded lifts. It does have some holes at the bottom where I could add some pins for bands, but I'm not sure if it will be heavy enough to do a decent job.

The REP PR-1100 does not have west side holes, but it is cheap enough that I can add straps to adjust the spotter height. It is also cheap enough to allow room in my budget for specialty bars or other attachments.

I hear the Titan X2 can be hit or miss. It will allow me to do my banded lifts, but I hear that I might need to buy some J cups for it and/or spotter arms. Their quality is low and some people have had issues with shipping problems and set-up problems.

submitted by /u/DifferentLevelTomoro
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

‘Weekend Warrior’ Exercise Can Lower the Risk of Over 200 Diseases - Everyday Health

‘Weekend Warrior’ Exercise Can Lower the Risk of Over 200 Diseases    Everyday Health * This article was originally published here ...